What is Cancer?
Is a group of diseases that happen when abnormal cells grow uncontrollably. The ability of these abnormal cells to grow out of control and invade other tissues is what makes them cancer cells.
There are more than 100 types of cancers; any part of the body can be affected.
More than 30% of cancers could be cured if detected early and treated adequately.
More than 30% of cancer could be prevented, mainly by avoiding tobacco, having a healthy diet, being physically active and preventing infections that may cause cancer.
The seven warning signs of cancer:
The word C-A-U-T-I-O-N helps to recognize the seven early signs of cancer:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that does not heal
- Unusual bleeding or discharge
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in the size, color, shape or thickness of a wart, mole or mouth sore
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
Screening for following Types of Cancer is available:
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Oral Cavity Cancers